William Severns - Direct Oil and Gas Experience
ARCO North America/International
Engineering Manager and R&D Director for North Sea Operations (1994-1995) London, UK
· Supervised engineering for exploration support, new field developments and production operations, including ARCO’s first FPSO operation
· Oversaw the engineering and fast track development of the Trent and Tyne offshore gas field developments
· UK R&D: Responsible for establishing R&D spending priorities for a seven figure budget
Chief Engineer Java and Bali, Indonesia
Supervised all non-drilling, subsurface
engineering/reserve determination for the
3.5 TCF Pagerungan gas field development , which at the time was ARCO's largest oil and gas
development outside North America
, which at the time was ARCO's largest oil and gas development outside North America
· Oversaw the well completion engineering for start-up of numerous large, multiwell oil platforms in the NW Java Sea PSC
· Led the effort to design and evaluate wildcat exploration wells in the Bali North PSC, culminating in my team designing and implementing an exploration well test program for the Tanguh LNG discovery well.
Senior Reservoir/Petroleum Engineer Rocky Mt Region (Denver and Midland)
· Conceived and initiated ARCO’s Fruitland coalbed methane project –supervised pilot; designed and oversaw first two years of development drilling, which at the time was ARCO’s largest upstream program outside Alaska; the Fruitland ultimately became ARCO’s largest and most profitable asset outside of Alaska
· Responsible engineer for a large number of leases producing gas from the Pictured Cliffs, Mesa Verde, and Dakota formations in the San Juan Basin.
· Tight gas sand, fracking specialist – Designed and supervised several dozen fracs across the Rockies Front Range
· Designed well tests and performed the subsequent onsite test supervision of several gas oriented, exploration wells, including the McIntosh 1-3.
· Waterflood and CO2 EOR operations/reservoir engineer for several mature fields in the Powder River and San Juan Basins
· Responsible engineer for the Sheep Mountain CO2 Unit; new well locations, field supervision, and reservoir modeling and simulation expertise.